- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Pacific
- Blog and show notes at http://phil.ihradio.com
Phil Sandoval is the host of The Phil Sandoval Show. He is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and whether it’s navigating your life, your marriage, your family, or your journey with Christ and the Church, Phil will be helping you to find real life solutions you can believe in. Join the conversation by calling 888-914-9149.
Phil Sandoval is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and the founder of Aurora Counseling Center in Sacramento, CA. Aurora Counseling Center is a non-profit organization that serves people from all walks of life, including the low-income and uninsured population. Phil earned his Masters degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of San Francisco and has worked in clinical settings with persons suffering from all types of emotional and mental illnesses.
Prior to becoming a therapist, Phil worked in the high-tech industry for nearly 30 years as a physical designer engineer. He taught electronics at the college level and has published course material in both electronics and management topics.
Phil served on the American River College Foundation Board and was recognized by the California Community College Association for Occupational Education for his work in developing a student-employee feeder system between colleges and industry. Phil has lived, worked, and traveled in countries around the world gaining an appreciation and respect for different cultures and traditions.
Connect with Phil
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 27, 2017 On today’s show:Jennifer Havey, Principal and Father Fredi Gucor, of St. Robert Catholic School, Sacramento, share about the creation of their “Rosary Rally”. Father Fredi, St. Robert Catholic School, Sacramento, shares about the apparition of Our Lady of Fatima. Caller: I’m a convert from an Assembly of God background; I find Catholic spirituality profoundly beautiful. Rationalizing the ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 26, 2017 On today’s show:Truth, Beauty and Goodness – all from the Lord. The Truth will make us free – but will it always make us “comfortable”? The death of Socrates. What do you want out of your relationships? Do you know exactly? The damage of pornography. How should we relate to animals? Collecting our friends and our spiritual ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 25, 2017 On today’s show:Guest: Father Paul Scalia, author of “That Nothing May Be Lost”. Becoming “leaven” in the world. What are you seeking? Caller: I take Communion, and then say the Act of Contrition – is this correct? The legacy, the Faith of the Scalia family. The spiritual dimension and the need for grace.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 24, 2017 On today’s show:Charles Coulson, watergate conspirator, has a spiritual encounter in prison. Phil shares about the Elevate conference in Phoenix. Phil opines on why Mother Miriam’s line is the longest at Elevate. The amazing life of people who live the gospel. Bishop Olmstead’s comments on divorce. Aristotle and Aquinas. Caller: I’m being stalked by a former college ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 21, 2017 Rebroadcast: Originally aired April 21, 2016
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 20, 2017 On today’s show:Do you want to influence someone? Start with beauty. Pope John XXIII visits a man convicted of killing his wife. Sometimes holding on to the past acts like holding on to an anchor. Once we lay down our burden and walk towards goodness, healing in our damaged relationships can begin.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 19, 2017 On today’s show:Anger, resentment: Holding a grudge, analyzed. Choosing peace, recovery – over drama. Identifying the dominant narrative. Transitioning from resentment to being positive: A therapeutic example. Caller: Phil, please help me with anger and resentment. I’ve discovered that who I’m really upset with – it myself. I’m hurting others. Schemas, and addictions to our dysfunctional selves.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 18, 2017 On today’s show:“Dealing With People You Can’t Stand” . . . dealing with anger, fighting. Caller: Both my dad and my brother are alcoholics. St. Benedicta – Edith Stein – on embitterment. Maximillian Kolbe – never become defeated and unloving. Theology of the Body. Don’t ultimately become what you hate. Caller: I was unfaithful to my spouse, ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 17, 2017 On today’s show:Easter – a new year of sacramental grace for us all. Caller: My 17-year-old son says he doesn’t believe in the Catholic Faith any more. Caller: My daughter has chronic pain, but she can’t find a doctor to take her on. Vet comes home from Iraq, only to question what he is fighting for in ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, April 13, 2017 On today’s show:What brings people to therapy. The mystery of Holy Thursday. “Ecstasy” painting. Caller: I reverted to the Catholic Faith three years ago; Holy Week is recalling some important anniversaries. Phil ponders his Holy Thursday activities. Humility, grace. Responsibilities of the priesthood. Respect due to our priests.