- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Pacific
- Blog and show notes at http://phil.ihradio.com
Phil Sandoval is the host of The Phil Sandoval Show. He is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and whether it’s navigating your life, your marriage, your family, or your journey with Christ and the Church, Phil will be helping you to find real life solutions you can believe in. Join the conversation by calling 888-914-9149.
Phil Sandoval is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and the founder of Aurora Counseling Center in Sacramento, CA. Aurora Counseling Center is a non-profit organization that serves people from all walks of life, including the low-income and uninsured population. Phil earned his Masters degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of San Francisco and has worked in clinical settings with persons suffering from all types of emotional and mental illnesses.
Prior to becoming a therapist, Phil worked in the high-tech industry for nearly 30 years as a physical designer engineer. He taught electronics at the college level and has published course material in both electronics and management topics.
Phil served on the American River College Foundation Board and was recognized by the California Community College Association for Occupational Education for his work in developing a student-employee feeder system between colleges and industry. Phil has lived, worked, and traveled in countries around the world gaining an appreciation and respect for different cultures and traditions.
Connect with Phil
- The Phil Sandoval Show, January 13, 2017 On today’s show:Personality types: Saints, a go-to place for role models. Self-reflection and the Rule of St. Benedict. The Myers-Briggs personality test. The “Sensing” personality type. The “Judging” type, and the “Intellectual type”. The “Big Five”. Caller: How much coercion should we apply to form the personality types of our children? Phil discusses the limitations of ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, January 12, 2017 On today’s show:Conflict resolution. Caller: How can I resolve conflicts with my spouse regarding discipline style? Previous caller, continued: The psychopathology of their conflict. Reframing the problem. Phil’s opinion on video games. Guest: Miar Moran of “Birthright” in Livermore, CA. www.birthright.org Personality types. The Myers-Briggs Personality Inventory. Putting God’s grace to work.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, January 11, 2016 On today’s show:How to live a better life. Caller: I’m a recovered alcoholic; Alcoholic Anonymous helped me tremendously. What does it mean to live life “more abundantly”? Making things concrete and real. When one day is a lifetime: “Easy Does It”, and “One Day at a Time”: Step back, relax and gain perspective.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, January 10, 2017 On today’s show: We are searching for goodness – because we came from Good. The real reason diets don’t work. Coming to a knowledge of ourself. Story of the neurosurgeon who loses his speech, continued. Self examination. Beneficial suffering, and struggle for the good. Caller: I’m a single mom of a 27-year-old daughter; I struggle with depression. Phil shares ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, January 9, 2017 On today’s show:Conflict, working toward constructive solutions. New Year’s resolutions: AA and the 12-step program is useful for more than just alcoholism. The local church: For broken people as well as “well” people. The source of strength. Often Phil’s #1 Question: Why? Choices women make regarding plastic surgery. Get rid of your debt. The poetry, and spiritual ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, January 6, 2017 On today’s show:How we identify mental illness. The CCDs, revisited. Caller: How do I get to a place of honesty with myself? Discerning the good from the bad – and seeing the good through the bad. Phil’s Call Screener Noah shares about his childhood: What doesn’t break you can make you stronger. The husband that simply won’t ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, January 5, 2017 On today’s show:Conflict. Phil talks politics. The role of conflict in various disciplines. A story about a distant dad who never could say “I love you”. Caller: I disagree with you, Phil – I think that the daughter was selfish to expect an answer. Criticism in conflictual relationships. CCD’s: C-Criticism, C-Contempt, D-Defensiveness. Caller: Love and validation. Do ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, January 4, 2017 On today’s show:Conflict: Is it avoidable? If so, should we even try to avoid it? Constructive outcomes. Caller: My family had a big argument over the Christmas break. Post-Christmas trauma. “Drama” seekers – and avoidance patterns. Helping someone who is emotionally volatile. Reasons why we are angry. Words twisted. I’m not listened to. Powerlessness. Physical violence – ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, December 30, 2016 On today’s show:Conflict. The death of Socrates, and the tragedy of the unexamined life. Make a choice: How do you want to live your life? 1st, 2nd and 3rd orders of detail. The wisdom of an Atheist father: “Bow to nothing false.” Reframing the word “conflict”. You are not alone. The example of the Holy Family.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, December 29, 2016 On today’s show:The importance of donating to good causes. Service to God. The psychology of loneliness. The loneliness of not being able to share with your spouse.