- 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. Pacific
- Blog and show notes at http://phil.ihradio.com
Phil Sandoval is the host of The Phil Sandoval Show. He is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and whether it’s navigating your life, your marriage, your family, or your journey with Christ and the Church, Phil will be helping you to find real life solutions you can believe in. Join the conversation by calling 888-914-9149.
Phil Sandoval is a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist and the founder of Aurora Counseling Center in Sacramento, CA. Aurora Counseling Center is a non-profit organization that serves people from all walks of life, including the low-income and uninsured population. Phil earned his Masters degree in Counseling Psychology from the University of San Francisco and has worked in clinical settings with persons suffering from all types of emotional and mental illnesses.
Prior to becoming a therapist, Phil worked in the high-tech industry for nearly 30 years as a physical designer engineer. He taught electronics at the college level and has published course material in both electronics and management topics.
Phil served on the American River College Foundation Board and was recognized by the California Community College Association for Occupational Education for his work in developing a student-employee feeder system between colleges and industry. Phil has lived, worked, and traveled in countries around the world gaining an appreciation and respect for different cultures and traditions.
Connect with Phil
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 22, 2017 On today’s show:Finding true happiness. Fortifying our faith, and bolstering its defenses against attack. Special Guest: The Most Reverend Thomas Olmsted of Phoenix, AZ. His Excellency discusses his Catholic upbringing, and his new book regarding the changing role of the Catholic man in today’s world. Caller: My son is in jail; he was treated unfairly. How can ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 20, 2017 On today’s show:Who are you? What are your strengths, and your weaknesses? The positive aspect of anxiety. Caller: I was given up for adoption when I was born; I’m going to call a sister today whom I’ve never met! Previous caller, continued: Phil breaks down the various dynamics involved. St. Ignatius’s contribution.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 19, 2017 On today’s show:Who are you? What are your strengths, and your weaknesses? The positive aspect of anxiety. Caller: I was given up for adoption when I was born; I’m going to call a sister today whom I’ve never met! Previous caller, continued: Phil breaks down the various dynamics involved. St. Ignatius’s contribution.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 15, 2017 On today’s show:The role of Temperment. Recognizing one’s own temperment, and the temperment of your child. Guest: Phil welcomes Carla Cosentino of Radio Santisimo Sacramento. Carla shares about meeting the parents of Father Matthew Spencer on a chance encounter in another country. The diversity of our Catholic Faith. The power of Catholic radio – Aid to the Church ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 14, 2017 On today’s show:How do we help our children appreciate the beauty of creation? Guest: “Gary” shares about his falling away, and his reversion to the Catholic Faith. Phil reads from Rabbi Kushner, honored by the Christophers. Golda Meir, and the blessing of not being beautiful. Looking below the surface at true beauty. “Overcoming Life’s Disappointments”, continued.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 13, 2017 On today’s show:What are “blessings”, and what objects can be blessed? Father blesses some special flags. Letting go, and recovery from trauma. Who suffers from the quest for ultimate justice? Forgiveness. The charity of the Catholic Church, accepting of Catholics and non-Catholics alike. Jennifer Havey, Principal of St. Mary’s Catholic School in East Sacramento.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 12, 2017 On today’s show: (Pledge Drive)Why do people want simple answers? Phil and Fr. Matthew discuss spiritual self-diagnosis. Why do Catholics make beautiful buildings? Beauty – a path to God. Special Guest: Jennifer Havey, St. Mary’s Catholic High School in East Sacramento, California. Jennifer shares about the prayer groups working in her school. Aid to the Church in Need. ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 9, 2017 On today’s show:The fine line between assertiveness and aggressiveness – how should we evaluate our child’s behavior? Special Guest: Edward Clancy, Aid to the Church in Need. Mr. Clancy describes the founding and work of ACN. Edward Clancy, continued. Edward shares a moving story about helping refugees fleeing war in Syria. Displaced children: 18,000 in the Ninevah ...
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 8, 2017 On today’s show:Raising a healthy child. Consistency, safety. The importance of stability. Guest: John Johnson, on the “theology” of Christopher Nolan’s “Batman” movies. John Johnson, continued – the Christology of the Batman series. Achieving proper balance in childrearing.
- The Phil Sandoval Show, June 7, 2017 On today’s show:The difficulty of getting good counselling. The effects of poor fathering. Positive data on time spent with family. Caller: My 11-year-old son seems to have selective hearing. The neglected role of boys in premarital sex and abortion. Caller: How do I get my son to be more responsible and productive? Caller: My son’s girlfriend aborted his ...