5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Pacific
Joe Sikorra is the host of The Joe Sikorra Show – a current events show that looks at the news of the day through the eyes of a marriage and family therapist. Each day, Joe discusses what current events mean to you – your life, your marriage, your family, and your relationship with Christ and His Church. Join the conversation by calling 888-914-9149.
Joe Sikorra has a broad and diverse background – a former police officer, former stuntman, actor, musician, singer-songwriter, and licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, he is able to draw upon his wide range of knowledge and experience in analyzing the daily headlines and how they affect the real lives of his audience.
In addition to hosting the Joe Sikorra Show, Joe is currently a Marriage and Family Therapist at Stillpoint Family Resources in Southern California.
Joe and his wife Lori have been married for 27 years and have 2 sons with special needs.
Fr. Dave Heney
Fr. Dave Heney grew up in Thousand Oaks, CA, and was ordained for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in 1978. In 1991 he received a Masters degree in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling from the University of Southern California.
He is the author of “Motivating Your Parish to Change”; a book on parish leadership, and “Don’t Tell Me What to Do!” a concise Catholic view of modern moral issues (imprimatur 1996).
Every year, Fr. Dave especially enjoys leading an archaeological pilgrimage of the Holy Land. He also joined the Order of the Holy Sepulchre, a Vatican organization that supports the Catholic Church in the Holy Land.
In 2002, he founded “The University Series” a large multi-parish adult education program during Lent that each year attracts over 11,000 attendees.
He recently finished his 12-year term as the pastor of his home parish of St. Paschal Baylon, and is now the pastor of St. Bruno Catholic Church in Whittier, CA.
Connect with Joe
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 23, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:Caller: I took care of my mom untill she died last year, but my family won’t speak to me now. My brother is drug addict and harassing me. Caller: I am going through a divorce, but I am having trouble making the decision to separate from my husband. Previous caller, continued: Father lets the ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 23, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:How to gain clarity in your life situations through third party objective opinion. Reasons why you should “fight the fight” in order to de-escalate. Caller: How do I enjoy my life when I have family causing problems? Previous caller, continued: Joe lets the caller know that there are deeper issues within her situation; caller gains ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 22, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:Caller: My husband just went into the mental hospital due to his thoughts about committing suicide; now I am alone with my multiple sclerosis. Caller: My niece was murdered on Christmas eve; I am angry with law enforcement. Caller: father passed away last week; I moved away due to family difficulties. My family fighting ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 22, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:Stress is now seen as a top cause of cancer. What things are causing you stress right now? Caller: I am having trouble with my sister, who became very hurtful to me after my wife passed away. Caller: My son is addicted to meth. Caller: I am living with ongoing cancer; is there a genetic ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 21, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:How to find more meaning with anyone in your life – even when you’re just standing in the grocery check out line. Caller: I had an experience where I was outside a cathedral where I gave a woman some coffee who really needed it.
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 21, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:Reasons why it might be be a good idea to move! What would you do if you had to move right now? Caller: I watch way too much television, and feel defeated regarding my goal of praying more. Caller: I would love to be less self-centered in my conversations with others.
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 17, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:Dr. Bill Creasy gives an example from the Scripture reading from Levitucus about how sin offereings have changed, from offering animal sacrifices to be holy sacrifice of Jesus. Caller: What does the term ‘quarrelsome wife’ mean in the Old Testament, and how do I employ a “best friend” approach in marriage? Caller: When did ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 17, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:Who do you consider your BFF (“best friend forever”)? Ways in which you can be looking to Jesus as your eternal “best friend”. Caller: I don’t believe that there is such as thing as a best friend, or even a soul mate in a marriage relationship. Caller: I am dating my best friend; I see ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 16, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:Ways in which gossip can prevent you from intimacy. Father gives his take on what gossip truly is. Ways to know how your relationship is off to a great start right from the beginning. How to practice being yourself in light of Scripture.
- The Joe Sikorra Show, February 16, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:Opening yourself up to others in a relationship is part of God’s plan. Standing on a hilltop to let your light shine before others. How opened up are you in your life right now? Reasons why face-to-face communication is best, over any other form of communication. Caller: I am helping children at a place ...