5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Pacific
Joe Sikorra is the host of The Joe Sikorra Show – a current events show that looks at the news of the day through the eyes of a marriage and family therapist. Each day, Joe discusses what current events mean to you – your life, your marriage, your family, and your relationship with Christ and His Church. Join the conversation by calling 888-914-9149.
Joe Sikorra has a broad and diverse background – a former police officer, former stuntman, actor, musician, singer-songwriter, and licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, he is able to draw upon his wide range of knowledge and experience in analyzing the daily headlines and how they affect the real lives of his audience.
In addition to hosting the Joe Sikorra Show, Joe is currently a Marriage and Family Therapist at Stillpoint Family Resources in Southern California.
Joe and his wife Lori have been married for 27 years and have 2 sons with special needs.
Fr. Dave Heney
Fr. Dave Heney grew up in Thousand Oaks, CA, and was ordained for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in 1978. In 1991 he received a Masters degree in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling from the University of Southern California.
He is the author of “Motivating Your Parish to Change”; a book on parish leadership, and “Don’t Tell Me What to Do!” a concise Catholic view of modern moral issues (imprimatur 1996).
Every year, Fr. Dave especially enjoys leading an archaeological pilgrimage of the Holy Land. He also joined the Order of the Holy Sepulchre, a Vatican organization that supports the Catholic Church in the Holy Land.
In 2002, he founded “The University Series” a large multi-parish adult education program during Lent that each year attracts over 11,000 attendees.
He recently finished his 12-year term as the pastor of his home parish of St. Paschal Baylon, and is now the pastor of St. Bruno Catholic Church in Whittier, CA.
Connect with Joe
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 24, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:The secret life of Samuel. Caller: I keep secrets from wife – like about the rent and other everyday things. Caller: Is it bad to have feelings towards my mother who isn’t supportive? Caller: I went to confession after 30yrs; I’ve been so happy since.
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 24, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:Joe tells the story about a wife’s secret affair with a coworker – and what happened next. Interview about wearing a bracelet made by My Saint, My Hero. Caller: I am keeping a secret with a coworker, its toxic and need to stop. Caller: I haven’t been to confession for more than 30yrs.
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 23, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:Caller: I am stuck in my current marriage situation because of my economic problems. Caller: I feel burnt-out in the Faith, and am having a hard time getting back up. Caller: My husband is a transvestite who looks at porn. How long should put up with this? How to balance your emotions with logic.
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 23, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:What is preventing you from achieving your goals? Do you have a training plan at hand? Caller: Is taking medication a substitute for physical training? Caller: My son has brain tumor, I pray and I run. I’m afraid of what is next.. Reasons to mentally exercise your mind.
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 21, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:How can we build closeness with others? Speaking to others, using their name, has a big impact. How can we nurture closeness with our spouses? You are called to respond to others because God has responded to you.
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 21, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:Do you only remember the good things in your relationships? Do you only remember the bad things in your relationships? Are we remembering what God commands us to do in our relationships? Are you being stingy with your love?
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 22, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:Caller: I just got out of a toxic gay relationship; I don’t want that anymore. Caller: I am the toxic person in the relationship. How can I reform? Caller: I’ve been married 23 years; my wife says I’m toxic, but also changing. Caller: My husband talks in terrible tones to me; it’s horrible!
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 22, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:How can you change the dynamics of a relationship? Caller: I am in a 10-year marriage; I finally took action because of his substance and verbal abuse to me. Caller: I was in a relationship where he was addicted to porn; I got out of the relationship immediately. Caller: I’ve been in a toxic marriage ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 20, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show:Is your life with God set up in trust? Do you trust that God has a plan? Trust is a two-way street. How do you build closeness and intimacy?
- The Joe Sikorra Show, March 20, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show:Are we achieving the best possible communication in our relationships? Do you feel lonely? Intimacy: Are you sharing yourself completely? Are you encouraging an environment of mutual trust?