5:00 – 7:00 p.m. Pacific
Joe Sikorra is the host of The Joe Sikorra Show – a current events show that looks at the news of the day through the eyes of a marriage and family therapist. Each day, Joe discusses what current events mean to you – your life, your marriage, your family, and your relationship with Christ and His Church. Join the conversation by calling 888-914-9149.
Joe Sikorra has a broad and diverse background – a former police officer, former stuntman, actor, musician, singer-songwriter, and licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, he is able to draw upon his wide range of knowledge and experience in analyzing the daily headlines and how they affect the real lives of his audience.
In addition to hosting the Joe Sikorra Show, Joe is currently a Marriage and Family Therapist at Stillpoint Family Resources in Southern California.
Joe and his wife Lori have been married for 27 years and have 2 sons with special needs.
Fr. Dave Heney
Fr. Dave Heney grew up in Thousand Oaks, CA, and was ordained for the Archdiocese of Los Angeles in 1978. In 1991 he received a Masters degree in Marriage, Family, and Child Counseling from the University of Southern California.
He is the author of “Motivating Your Parish to Change”; a book on parish leadership, and “Don’t Tell Me What to Do!” a concise Catholic view of modern moral issues (imprimatur 1996).
Every year, Fr. Dave especially enjoys leading an archaeological pilgrimage of the Holy Land. He also joined the Order of the Holy Sepulchre, a Vatican organization that supports the Catholic Church in the Holy Land.
In 2002, he founded “The University Series” a large multi-parish adult education program during Lent that each year attracts over 11,000 attendees.
He recently finished his 12-year term as the pastor of his home parish of St. Paschal Baylon, and is now the pastor of St. Bruno Catholic Church in Whittier, CA.
Connect with Joe
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 17, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show: Knowing the various attributes of your personality characteristic is a valuable thing. Caller: I love when my husband holds me and makes me feel secure. People manifest their various differences from the very start; children show different behaviors and preferences right out of the womb. Caller: I love my gal because of her gift of ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 17, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show: Is there a superior sense when it comes to the “battle of the sexes”? Evidence may suggest that one sex is superior to another. Caller: I’m an older lady, men help me all the time. They will if you let them! Caller: I like my husband because he is able to be masculine and help ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 16, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show: Caller: My husband keeps telling me he doesn’t like the way I look. I’m ugly. The results of asking your partner questions that are about your long-term goals and dreams. Reasons why married couples should always go back to the engagement stage of their life. Caller: When I bring up long-term questions about raising kids ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 16, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show: Reasons why it is good to assess your relationships before they begin to develop further inertia. A relationship becomes better when you assess it with perspective – not when you simply assert your agenda. Reasons why you might be arguing in your current relationship, and what to do about it. Caller: I am now in ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 15, 2017 – Hour 2 Rebroadcast – today’s show originally aired on April 5, 2017
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 15, 2017 – Hour 1 Rebroadcast: Today’s show originally aired on April 5, 2017
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 14, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show: Caller: I have so many stressors and anxieties in my life that it is hard for me to be empathetic towards others. I take on too much. Caller: How can I show empathy towards my wife about NFP? Caller: How can I show empathy towards our youth culture? Questions you should ask in order to ...
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 14, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show: Reasons why empathy is an important part of a healthy daily routine. Things that the Bible says about empathy through the eyes of the Apostle Paul from his letter to the Galatians. Relationships and the Art of Empathy.. What exactly is “empathy”?
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 11, 2017 – Hour 2 On today’s show: How you can recognize and truly understand God’s voice. Caller: Is the Blessed Mother related to James and Joseph? How to have faith like Jesus, who walked on water. Ways in which you can be healed from the inside out!
- The Joe Sikorra Show, August 11, 2017 – Hour 1 On today’s show: Things that might happen to you when you become more mindful of the things around you. Reasons why it is important to seek out faith – like Noah and Abraham Old Testament times. Love each other – because each moment depends on it! Asking yourself questions about what is ahead; it might help you determine your ...