Position Title: IT Help Desk / Network Support
Reports to: Director – IT
Relevant Radio is looking for an IT Help Desk / Network Support person. The person in this position is responsible for assisting with all aspects of the computer and telecommunication networks at Relevant Radio in Loomis, CA
The mission of Relevant Radio® is to assist the Church in the New Evangelization by providing relevant programming through a media platform to help people bridge the gap between faith and everyday life. At Relevant Radio we also encourage our staff to bridge that gap! It is our hope that our associates will identify their potential, develop their talents and respond to the call to follow the Church. To accomplish this, Relevant Radio provides opportunities to our associates that will educate and inspire.
- Solid understanding of the Relevant Radio mission, programming content and target audience.
- Adhere to Relevant Radio policies and procedures.
- Provide technical support and guidance to staff & users experiencing IT hardware & software issues.
- Under the direct supervision of the Director, maintain the hardware/ software for the Relevant Radio IT network.
- Assist Radio Engineering staff as needed for remote systems configuration and maintenance.
- Assist the IT Director with troubleshooting of network performance issues.
- Maintain servers with required security updates and implement new installs and configurations.
- Assist with the evaluation of vendor products in hardware, software and telecommunications.
- Responsible for setting up new hire accounts & administration of staff Active Directory user accounts.
- Work with the Team Leader’s to assign appropriate access and email groups of staff members.
- Responsible for deactivation of accounts / privileges of terminated staff.
- Configure and setup laptops, desktops, terminals, printers and user equipment.
- Administer phone system user accounts and investigate / troubleshoot phone system issues.
- Provide IT systems training to staff in Citrix, MS Office programs computers/laptops, printers, & phone and voicemail use.
- Perform daily data backup to tape routines. Administer data – file restore duties as required.
- Maintain IT documentation, hardware & software inventories, user instructions and manuals.
- Inventory and tracking of IT equipment.
- Assist the IT Director with formulating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) & notifications to staff.
- Assist the IT Director with generating reports, i.e. help desk logs, streaming reports, phone reports.
- Assist with the setup, installation & deployment of new servers, hardware and software as directed.
- Administer antivirus, spam blocking, and various security applications and services.
- Apply patches, fixes and updates to operating systems / programs / databases / applications.
- Setup & support Pledge Drive Call Centers and delegated needs of on-air pledge drives.
- Attend necessary company meetings and trainings offered by the department or company.
- Perform a variety of other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Assisting IT Management in providing systems support for end users.
- Troubleshoot Business office and broadcast operations IT problems
- Take direct calls from local and remote end users to solve problems, escalating when needed to supervisory IT staff.
- Complete support tasks for hardware devices and software packages, help with installation setups, and revise existing documentation guidelines.
- Providing training for users in other departments, answering technology questions as needed, completing administrative tasks when required, and filling out documentation when needed.
- Troubleshooting both end user issues as well as server related issues
- Assist other staff when deploying new software and upgrade installations.
- Complete regular backups and perform data recovery, assist in workstation life cycle rotations, monitor servers, minimize downtime, and prevent data corruption.
- Provide remote support and escalate issues to supervisors as needed. When handling financial or identity data, administrators must follow specific company procedures.
- Be comfortable working on remote systems, know limitations of remote management tools and be able to talk non-technical people through technical tasks
Experience and skill requirements:
- Strong interior faith life and respect for the Relevant Radio mission.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology and/or 2 – 3 years IT/Network experience.
- Preferred Certifications: Microsoft, CompTIA A+/Network+, Citrix
- Background in integrated systems: LANs/WANs, telecommunications networks and application software.
- Ability to think creatively and work well in high pressure situations. Ability to multi-task. Critical thinker.
- Strong communication skills, capable of explaining simple procedures in writing or verbally.
- Ability/willingness to learn new software programs as needed.
- Excellent organization skills. Ability to prioritize workload.
- Excellent follow through on tasks assigned.
- Work flexible hours; may include occasional weekends and evenings.
- Valid driver’s license required. Ability and willingness to travel as directed.
- Position located in Loomis, California.
For consideration, please send your resume and a brief letter of introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org