Immaculate Heart Radio is looking for a part time Radio Board Operator in Loomis. This is a part time, non-exempt position working mornings from 5:30am to 10:30am.
Responsibility Summary: To help spread the knowledge, love and practice of the Catholic Faith through the fulfillment of the following responsibilities: provide technical and operational support for Immaculate Heart Radio. Provide technology and telecommunications based support for all on air programming and broadcasting. Ensure the highest quality and reliable broadcasting to promote the mission of Immaculate Heart Radio.
- Operate and manage audio feed input to the satellite uplink system
- Perform board operation and call screening during daily live broadcasts
- Assist Traffic Director with duties related to traffic software
- Troubleshoot station outages and remote access outages until restoration.
- Perform broadcast support activities that are in compliance with all FCC regulations
- Monitor readings from transmitter sites and local automation and signal streaming. Respond to system alarms
- Coordinate local automation and network automation
- Maintain maintenance, network automation and EAS logs
- Research, design, develop and implement hardware and software system interfaces
- Access and control satellite system functions
- Answer office phones
- Receive and respond to listener problems with reception
- Modify program logs to accommodate upcoming programs, programming changes and live broadcasts
- Install, set up and maintain technical, computer, connections and telecommunications systems for broadcasting events
- Follow IHR policies and procedures
- Support and promote the vision and mission of IHR
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Knowledge Preferred but not required:
- Software applications including: Simian Broadcast Automation software, Adobe Audition, ProTrack
- Broadcast studio operation
- Effective radio broadcast troubleshooting and issue resolution
- FCC rules and regulations
- Practice and promote the Catholic faith
- Must always be on time- this is live radio
- Analyze situations effectively and take actions make recommendations, exercise sound judgment in decision-making
- Organizational skills
- Gather, analyze and report technical data
- Manage multiple priorities effectively and work in a fast-paced environment
- Perform well under pressure
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff, co-workers, leadership, vendors, service providers and the public
- Learn, assimilate and apply new information effectively
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within changing priorities
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Associates’ Degree in Communication Arts, technology, or related field, or the equivalent in education and experience that provides the above listed skills, knowledge and abilities.
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Valid California Driver’s License
- SBE Certification (if not certified must be able to obtain within 6 months after hire)
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required:
- Must be able to lift and carry at least 20 lbs.
- Sit for prolonged periods
- Perform some repetitive motion activities
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please email your resume and a brief letter of introduction to: Careers@ihradio.org