Immaculate Heart Radio is looking for a part time Office Assistant in Loomis. This is a part time, non-exempt position working afternoons from Noon to 5pm.
Responsibility Summary: To help spread the knowledge, love and practice of the Catholic Faith through the fulfillment of the following responsibilities: Perform data entry, reception and general clerical support duties. Ensure the highest quality and reliable broadcasting to promote the mission of Immaculate Heart Radio.
- Answers and screens telephone calls in a professional and timely manner; takes accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy
- Respond to listener and donor questions and requests, provide general information to listeners and the public
- Distributes daily internal/external mail and overnight packages
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing.
- Process donations in donor database, prepare bank deposits
- Process monthly mailings
- Back-up to accounting department (process invoices for payment, prepare and record check payments, maintain accounts payable listing and maintain vendor files)
- Order and maintain office supplies
- Assists with special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Establish and maintain effective record keeping systems
- Ensure high level of customer service is experienced by both internal and external customers
- Participate in performance planning, ensuring individual goals are achieved.
- Participate in staff retreats, meetings and planning sessions.
- Provide materials promoting the mission of IHR to parishes, donors, listeners and community members.
- Follow IHR policies and procedures.
- Support and promote the vision and mission of IHR
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly Proficient in MS Word & Excel
- Proficient in MS Outlook & Power Point
- Keystrokes a minimum of 65 wpm.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the English language.
- Proper office telephone techniques
- Data entry methods and procedures
- Multi-line telephone system operation
- Business communication etiquette
- Principles and tenets of the Catholic faith
- Bilingual English/Spanish
- Knowledge of Bookkeeping, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Maintaining General Ledgers, preferred.
- QuickBooks knowledge
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required:
- Sit for prolonged periods
- Perform repetitive motion activities
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understand and respond to a diverse population.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed by job holders within this job. But, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Please email your resume and a brief letter of introduction to: Careers@ihradio.org