On this episode of Bay Area Catholic…
- Happy Birthday! This weekend, we celibrate the Birthday of the Church, Pentacost.
- Patti Collier, Coordinator of the Diocese of Oakland Youth and Young Adult Ministry, returns to the show with two guests—missionaries with then national NET organization on a year-long trek across the country sharing and living the Faith.
- Today, Part 2 of our focus on Corpus Christi—celebrating the Body and Blood of Christ. Father Vito Perrone and Barbara Mitchell invite us to celebrate this feast day at St. Michael’s in Livermore. Fr. Vito is founder of the Contemplatives of St. Joseph in South San Francisco. He and his brother priests will preach during St. Michael’s traditional weekend festivities. Ed asks Father to give us more insights on Our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament.
- Fr. Robert Spitzer continues reporting on years of near-death experience scientific research, and how this science enters the realm of faith.
- Immaculate Heart Radio listener Betty Sandoval tells us about her own near-death experiences, and other miracles in her life.
- World Youth Day 2013 in Rio is coming up in June. Fr. James Mulford, publisher of the global Catholic news agency, Zenit, returns with more info on a remarkable opportunity for young people around the world to become credentialed journalists covering WYD for their respective countries.
- Fr. Bevil Bramwell, Dean of Undergraduates at Catholic Distance University, brings his insight into two of Vatican II’s documents with enormous implication for the laity. Part 2.
- The Acts of the Apostles comes to life in today’s chapters from the Truth and Life Audio Bible. Actor Michael York plays the Evangelist, Luke, author of Acts. Travel back with us two thousand years…