There are so many things that can take away our peace each day. Whether it’s stress, discouragement, anxiety, or tragedy; it is so easy to feel as though the weight of the world is on our shoulders. It is at these times that we need to turn to the Prince of Peace, who alone can quiet our hearts and strengthen our faith.
Here are some verses from Scripture to turn to when you feel worried or burdened. You can even write one down and put it somewhere you see every day, as a reminder of the peace of Christ that surpasses all understanding.
1. John 16:33 I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.
2. Psalm 46:10 Be still and know that I am God.
3. Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
4. Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.
5. Psalm 27:1 The Lord is my light and my salvation – whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life – of whom shall I be afraid?
6. Philippians 4:6-7 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
7. Romans 15:13 May the God of hope fill you all with joy and peace in believing, so that by the power of the Holy Spirit you may abound in hope.
8. Matthew 11:28-30 Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
9. Psalms 55:22 “Cast your burden on the Lord, and he shall sustain you: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.”
10. 1 Peter 5:6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.