To help spread the knowledge, love and practice of the Catholic Faith through the fulfillment of the following responsibilities: Serve as the primary IHR fundraising representative in the local community, develop underwriting donors, conduct parish visits and speak at community events, perform other various fundraising activities. Ensure all activities promote the mission of Immaculate Heart Radio.
- Underwriting: Recruit program underwriters, negotiate and process agreements. Obtain announcement copy and submit to the production department. Serve as liaison between underwriters and Immaculate Heart Radio, ensuring announcement copy is submitted.
- Parish Visits: Schedule parish visits in assigned broadcast area(s). Deliver fundraising announcements following all Sunday Masses (including Saturday Vigil) during each scheduled weekend.
Community/Public Relations and Events
- Events: Assist with coordination and participate in various fairs, expos, pledge drives and community/fundraising events as a representative of IHR, developing prospective contributors to the apostolate. Work with Parish Ambassadors and local volunteers to support parish level activities.
- Public Service Announcements: Serve as the primary contact for Catholic organizations in assigned broadcast area(s), voice weekly on-air community announcements.
- Strategies for effective public speaking
- Donor cultivation and solicitation techniques
- Fundraising methods
- Principles and tenets of the Catholic faith
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field, at least two years of fundraising or sales experience or any equivalent in education and experience that provides the above listed skills, knowledge and abilities.
The physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions.
Submit resume or contact IHR Human Resources at Careers@IHRadio.org