The 10.16.2013 episode of Setting Things Right show interviews Bobby Shriver, son of Sargent Shriver and Eunice Kennedy-Shriver, and takes calls and e-mails. Topics discussed include:
- Bobby’s work with the Special Olympics and on behalf of homeless veterans,
- Agreement on important bills vetoed by Governor Brown, SB 131 (lifting the statute of limitations) and AB 714 (the selling of women’s ova), and disagreement on bills signed by Governor Brown, AB 154 (allowing mid-level medical practitioners to perform first trimester abortions), AB 980 (lower building standards in facilities that provide abortions), and SB 1266 (allowing boys and girls in K through 12 public schools to choose facilities such as bathrooms, showers, and locker rooms based on their perceived gender as well as which extra-curricular programs in which they will participate, regardless of actual gender),
- Pope Francis’ recent comments that have been misinterpreted by most media,
- How to do pro-life work in the spirit of Pope Francis, and
- How to insure that people, especially poor people, can become independent.