The July 17, 2013 Setting Things Right show discusses the redefinition of marriage with special in-studio guest Bill May, President of Catholics for the Common Good (CCG) and call-in guests Amy Vance and Marti Martin, San Diego leaders of CCG. Topics discussed include:
- A short history of CCG and its taking on of the redefinition of marriage issue,
- Bill May’s involvement in the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ efforts on protecting marriage,
- The authentic definition of marriage and the impact redefining marriage is having on society,
- The importance of separating conversations about promoting natural marriage and homosexuality,
- The compromising impact the culture is having on younger Catholics on the issue of redefining marriage,
- The human right each child has to be brought into existence by his or her own mother and father and be raised and nurtured by them, and
- The helpful resources that are available to San Diego Catholic institutions electing to become involved in rebuilding of a marriage-based culture.