The May 8, 2013 Setting Things Right show examines Open Adoption with guests: Sarah Jensen, director of the Adoption Center of San Diego, Grace Dulaney, founder of the Lamb of God Maternity Home, Khadijah, a birth mother who placed her daughter, Camilla, in an adoption on April 8, 2013, and Camilla’s adopting parents, Jennifer and Rob Munro. Topics discussed include:
- Open adoption vs. closed adoption,
- The successes of both the Lamb of God Maternity Home and the Adoption Center of San Diego,
- Khadijah’s experience as a mother placing her child in an open adoption,
- Jennifer and Rob’s experience of becoming adoptive parents in an open adoption,
- The mystery of why abortion is routinely chosen over adoption, and
- Why the choice of adoption best serves the needs of women who have conceived through rape and children who have been conceived through rape.