Based on listener calls, e-mails and recent activities related to social ministry, Kent, Linda, and, substituting for Deacon Jim, Cy Kellett, along with a panel of diocesan priests: Fr. Michael Murphy, Pastor of Sacred Heart Parish in Coronado, Fr. Earl Eggleston, Director of the Diocesan Office for Liturgy and Spirituality, and Fr. Matt Spahr, Pastor of the Immaculata Parish, discuss:
- Instructing those who are offended by Church involvement in political activities (non-partisan) on the baptismal call to engage in faithful citizenship, bringing those who embrace the Church as a refuge from the world to an understanding of the Church as an institution that sends its members, especially the laity, into the world not only redeem it but to establish systems and policies that reflect justice and respect for human life,
- Proposition 34, which replaces the death penalty with the sentence of life without the possibility of parole, and how it is faring at the parish level,
- How to donate to victims of Hurricane Sandy through San Diego Catholic Charities,
- An update on 40 Days for Life efforts and a call to participate during the final days of the campaign, and
- The phenomena of after-abortion recovery and healing, reflecting on the positive influences of the Abortion Changes You outreach , Rachel’s’ Hope healing retreats, and a new openness to discuss the issue at the parish level.
Download the MP3 file (right click and ‘save as’)