The October 17, 2012 Setting Things Right show utilizes its Open Line Friday on Wednesday format.
Based on e-mails and recent activities related to social ministry, Kent, Linda, and Deacon Jim, along with in-studio guests, Timmerie Millington, Carrie Giebel, and IHR’s Cy Kellett, discuss:
- Proposition 34, which replaces the death penalty with the sentence of life without the possibility of parole, via a YouTube video and a commercial produce for Catholic Radio by Archbishop Jose H. Gomez of Los Angeles,
- The role of family and friends in encouraging younger voters to both register and to take part in the November 6, 2012 Election,
- The lackluster giving habits of employed Catholics in the face of the needs of the poor and the parish,
- The Stand Up for Religious Freedom Rally scheduled for Saturday, October 20, 2012, at 10:00 p.m. in Balboa Park, and
- The recent phenomenon of some liberal Catholics’ tendency to pick and choose which Catholic teachings are important and should be embraced.
Download the MP3 (Right click and ‘save as’)